How do I submit a scanning request for UCA Library Resources?
How to submit a scanning request
- Visit the Interlibrary Loan website, and log into your library account using your myUCA username and password.
- Click CREATE REQUEST at the top right.
- Select the loan type of BOOK and select service type of COPY.
- Enter the necessary information (book title, author, chapter title, page numbers, etc).*
- Submit the request.
*If the requested number of pages exceed copyright, a physical loan or a reduced number of pages may be requested. We will inform you if we are unable to scan an item due to format, copyright, or UCA Library policy.
What happens next?
- You will be notified via your UCA email when requested items are available unless you indicate a different email in your library account's PROFILE. We encourage you to allow email notifications so that the library can easily communicate any questions or request updates. The requested pages will be available as a PDF in your library account, where they can be viewed/downloaded up to 5 times or for 30 days.
Note: The copyright law of the United States (Title 17. United States Code) notes that the photocopy/reproduction is not to be ‘used for any purposes other than private study, scholarship, or research.’ If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of fair use, that user may be liable for copyright infringement.